Successful Cornbread

So I've finally found a recipe that works in my kitchen. I finally decided to ask a friend who lived in the states for a while if she had one. The recipe I got had quite a lot of sugar in it so I took a gamble and made it without and it was brilliant. Tonight is my Second time making it and I tried baking it in a spring cake tin to see if that made it easier to get out but it stuck even more so here is a photo of the first one.


Cornbread!
Serves 4


  • 1 1/4 C Flour
  • 3/4 C Cornmeal (also sold as polenta in NZ)
  • 2 tsp Baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 1 C Milk
  • 1/4 C Vegetable oil
  1. Grease loaf tin or other appropriate tin
  2. Preheat oven to 200 deg. C
  3. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl
  4. Pour into tin 
  5. Bake  for 20-30 min (depending on thickness) or until a wooden skewer comes out clean
Best served warm with chocolate chili. Today I didn't have any Capsicum so I finely grated 2 yams(little ones) and 2 carrots into the chili mixture.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 month update

10 Simple Rules

Review: Cacao Chili with corn bread