Savoury Mutton Chops

Tonight was a dinner that had to be able to be reheated and still taste good because hubby had a long day at work. I was impressed with how well it came out. I always trim my chops before I cook them, just makes them less greasy all up.
My meds are still making me sleepy at the moment so dishes I can put on and leave alone while they cook is really good for me at the moment.

Savoury Mutton Chops
Serves 3-4

  • 6 mutton chops
  • 1 onion
  • 2 Tbsp each, brown sugar, flour, tomato sauce, vinegar
  • 1/2 tsp each, curry powder, ginger powder and mustard powder
  • 1 1/2 cup of water (or enough to cover the chops)
  1. Preheat oven to 150 deg. C
  2. Place the mutton chops in a casserole dish
  3. Chop the onion and add to the dish
  4. Mix all other ingredients into the first 1/2 cup of water and pour over chops
  5. Top up the water to just cover the chops
  6. Bake with the lid on for at least 1 1/5 hours
I served mine with mashed kumara and steamed carrots.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 month update

10 Simple Rules

Review: Cacao Chili with corn bread